Select Discounted Item with Purchase Promotion
Use Marketing Manager to create a discounted item selection promotion. These are promotions that offer an optional discounted item that can be selected from a list by the customer before Enticify adds it to their basket.
Read this guide to learn the following:
- The initial discount creation wizard steps required for a discounted item selection promotion.
- The modifications you'll need to make to the initially created discount.
1. Initial Wizard Steps
- Open Commerce Server Marketing Manager.
- Right click All Discounts and click Create new discount.
- Click Next to exit the Welcome screen.
- Select the Customer you require and click Next.
- Select the Campaign you require and then click Next.
- Enter a Discount Name including the text "select discounted item" (case is ignored).
- Fill in the other Discount Properties as required and click Next.
- Select Paired Discount Type and click Next.
- Configure the Qualifying Products as desired and click Next.
- Select the Any Products (we'll have to change this after the wizard) and click Next.
- Select the Value Method and enter the Amount to discount the selected item, then click Next.
- Set the Basket Limit as required.
- Set the Award Limit to the quantity of the discounted item you want added to the basket.
- Complete the rest of the discount wizard as required.
2. Modify the Award Expression to be a SKU List
- Set the Receive (award) to Discount Specific Expression.
- Press the Select button.
- Configure the expression as a product list expression (this is an Enticify concept) as follows:
- Add a clause for Field Product.Product ID with Condition Is Equal To and set the Value to your product ID.
- Add a clause for Field Product.CatalogName with Condition Is Equal To and set the Value to the catalog name.
- If you wish to add a variant for this product id:
- Add a clause for Field Product.Variant ID with Condition Is Equal To and set the Value to the variant ID.
- Add more variants if you want.
- Repeat steps a-c for each product you wish to include in the list.
The following image shows an example SKU list expression. It contains two products, the first with 2 variants and the second with 3 variants. This would result in a list of 5 choices for the customer.